MAR 24, 2020 – Temporary Closure
To our Shack Community,
We have made the difficult decision to temporarily close all our UK Shacks until further notice, to prioritise the health and safety of our team, guests and community.
Thank you to our dedicated teams who have continued to serve our community during this time.
We look forward to serving you again soon.
MAR 20, 2020 – Shake Shack will temporarily shift to a “to-go” model
Starting 20th March, Shake Shack U.K. will temporarily shift to a “to-go” only operating model, as the COVID-19 situation continues to rapidly evolve. Guests will be able to place takeaway orders in the restaurant, or order for delivery through Deliveroo. Out of concern for the well-being of its guests, team members and community, dining rooms will be closed.
All Shacks in the U.K will move towards takeaway and delivery, with the exception of the Covent Garden Shack and Soho Shack which will be takeaway only.
Shake Shack restaurants across the U.K. may also be impacted by closures or reduced hours over the coming weeks.
“As we navigate this evolving situation, we’ll continue to act in the interest of the safety of our team and our guests,” said Randy Garutti, Shake Shack CEO. “We’re committed to doing our part as a company to play a proactive role in protecting our communities. I am endlessly inspired by and proud of our teams as they act quickly in these uncertain times, and grateful to our guests for their continued trust and support. When the time comes to re-open our dining rooms as the community gathering place we were born to be, our teams will be ready. Until then, we are thankful for the privilege to serve our guests safely.”
MAR 19, 2020 – Supporting our Emergency Services
All Emergency Services employees – to show you our gratitude, when you order a burger, you’ll get another burger on us! Just show your ID to our team.
Note: Only available for takeaway.
MAR 18, 2020 – Caring for our Shack community
Throughout our 7 years of serving you, you’ve trusted us to keep the highest levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety. Over the last few weeks, we’ve built on the many procedures we’ve long had in place to further strengthen our approach in this current moment.
Things may look and feel a bit different in your local Shack right now and we appreciate you understanding how we’re operating to keep you safe.
In addition to our usual routines, here are some of the extra measures we’ve introduced that you’ll see the next time you visit a Shack:
- We’ve added extra requirements and increased frequency for disinfecting surfaces and deep cleaning throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand sanitisers in all our guest bathrooms, and we hand sanitisers available upon request.
- All cutlery, self-serve items and straws will be handed out by our Shack team upon request.
- We have removed some tables and chairs from the Shacks following social distancing advice.
- We’re consistently emphasizing the importance of the health and well-being of our team members. Rest assured, we’ll be taking care of our team during this time.
- As this is a fluid situation, you may see certain Shacks adjusting hours or modifying our operations. There may even be moments where we temporarily choose to close a Shack if we feel it’s in the interest of the safety of our team and community.
During this time, we also want to remind you that if you want to hang at home, we’ll bring your order straight to your doorstep with delivery from Deliveroo.
We appreciate your continued trust and, as always, we’re thankful for the privilege to serve you.